Your Adoption Options
Are you considering the option of adoption? No one should ever pressure you into making a pregnancy decision, but you deserve to understand the process of your options.
As the birth mother, you choose the adoption plan you’re comfortable with and the adoptive family.
Open Adoption Plan
Open adoption is the most common type of adoption plan. If you would like to have contact with the adoptive family and your child, an open or semi-open adoption is a great option.
Both open and semi-open adoption plans include exchanging personal information like full names, addresses, emails, or even phone numbers with the adoptive family you choose.
In an open adoption, you arrange meetings and communicate regularly. With a semi-open adoption, you would have contact, but it would be through a third party like an adoption agency or lawyer.
Closed Adoption Plan
If you decide you want to remain anonymous, that is totally ok and your choice. A closed adoption would be the plan for you.
An adoption specialist will choose the adoptive family based on your requests, and take care of the details.
Once you’ve described the type of family you want to raise your child, your adoption coordinator will share potential adoptive families for you to choose from.
Benefits of Adoption
- Peace of mind knowing your child is placed in the loving arms of a grateful family
- Knowing you chose your child’s needs first instead of your own
- Choosing an open adoption plan gives you ongoing contact with your child without the day-to-day responsibilities of motherhood
- Adoptive homes can provide proper healthcare, education, and better opportunities for your child
- The comfort in knowing you will always be a part of your child’s life story
Talk More About Adoption
Adoption can be a difficult choice and you may need a strong support system along the way.
Our compassionate team is ready to be the support you need no matter what you choose. Schedule an options counseling session with us today.